Ideas

Twin Draft Guard

advertise here

Twin Draft Guard is a really simple but clever invention. When I saw it I thought that is just a stupid idea, but after a minute or so I’ve finally discovered the true power of this little thing. The Twin Draft Guard offers double draft protection, keeps heat and air conditioning from escaping. It’s easy to install, just slide under door and it fits most door types. It’s removable and washable. You can have it for $9.98 from Amazon

• Twin Draft Guard October 1, 2007 at 17:25 PM Login to Reply →

Has anyone tried this yet? I would love to see some reviews.

• emb January 16, 2008 at 00:49 AM Login to Reply →

I wouldn’t purchase it. I have been selling doors and door hardware for years and this product may look like it will help but I actually think it can severly damaged a door. I live in Florida, where it rains constantly, if the door gets rain on it, then the water will trickle down and accumulate at the bottom of the door. If the door happens to be wood, you will rot out the bottom of the door in no time. Not only that you will probably get a severe mold issue. There are other products you can use like an automatic door bottom.

• gary February 12, 2008 at 22:37 PM Login to Reply →

I have an inside door that goes down to my basement. i wanted to purchase these draft guards for that door, instead, i went to lowes hardware and bought a six foot piece of 1/2 inch pipe isulation for $1.97 and got the sewing machine out and made my own. And dont forget i am a guy that does not know how to sew that great. but for 1.97 i will learn to do it again. i used some fabric my wife has and now thirty minutes later i have my own twin draft guard and i save roughly 20 bucks….bottom line, make it yoursef.. it works great

• Twin Draft Guard February 21, 2008 at 23:31 PM Login to Reply →

It helps keep my outside doors completely sealed and also keeps my bedroom warmer than the rest of the house :)

• B. Joyce February 23, 2008 at 14:29 PM Login to Reply →

Product is worthless!!! Please do not waste your money on this “gimmick.” It slips under the bottom of the door when you attempt to close it if there is any gap at all there…a disappointing waste of funds on styrofoam and cloth!!!!!

• TheresaK March 15, 2009 at 03:52 AM Login to Reply →

That’s a handy hint for a draft guard Gary. I wish you had a picture or something so I could see exactly how to make it.