Freshome

A House that Impressed Me

Today I was viewing a slideshow from the June issue of Monocle, where they presented homes of Afghanistan’s nouveau-riche (many are druglords), and I saw this house. I stopped an I was really amazed by this design. The most touching part was the big black shiny window that is a sign of power and luxury. I love this. What do you think ?

5 23 narco2 A House that Impressed Me

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

8 responses to “A House that Impressed Me” - Add yours!

1. Dragos Ionita said:
    May 23, 2007

I don’t think it’s very bad, but if I was to build a house of this scale for myself I would certainly had built something along the lines of your previous post.
    After watching the slideshow, I came to the conclusion that, while I like their classic architecture, the afghan rich people have questionable tastes :)

2. Michael said:
    May 23, 2007

Ooo …. a reader from Romania. I’m glad to have you here Dragos. I hope you’ll come again on Freshome.

3. kiki said:
    November 30, 2007

wooow…..a huge house……

4. Anca said:
    March 21, 2008

Hi! I watched all the houses in the Architecture category.. very nice job, Michael.
    When I saw this one, I first thought it is a gypsy castle you can see here in Romania.. the rich gypsy..:)

5. Michael said:
    March 21, 2008

Anca, I’m also from Romania, and I know how a “gypsy castle” looks like, but as I’ve said I was impressed by that big black shiny window. Thanks anyway for passing by, and leaving a comment.

6. Jennifer said:
    August 29, 2008

Wow.. how many people live in there? I’m Indonesian and I have seen a house like this in my country and one thing that i’m never forget “the bathroom made from 18c gold”.. huff..

7. March 6, 2009

Hello. I’m from America, and I think this home is lovely. The shiny black window gives this home a type of elegance that you don’t generally see in American homes. Thank you for sharing this great home with everyone.

8. rama said:
    February 5, 2010

it’s really noce im thinking of doing somthing similar