Architecture

A House that Impressed Me

advertise here

Today I was viewing a slideshow from the June issue of Monocle, where they presented homes of Afghanistan’s nouveau-riche (many are druglords), and I saw this house. I stopped an I was really amazed by this design. The most touching part was the big black shiny window that is a sign of power and luxury. I love this. What do you think ?

• Dragos Ionita May 23, 2007 at 09:27 AM Login to Reply →

I don’t think it’s very bad, but if I was to build a house of this scale for myself I would certainly had built something along the lines of your previous post.
    After watching the slideshow, I came to the conclusion that, while I like their classic architecture, the afghan rich people have questionable tastes :)

• Michael May 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM Login to Reply →

Ooo …. a reader from Romania. I’m glad to have you here Dragos. I hope you’ll come again on Freshome.

• kiki November 30, 2007 at 01:35 AM Login to Reply →

wooow…..a huge house……

• Anca March 21, 2008 at 13:15 PM Login to Reply →

Hi! I watched all the houses in the Architecture category.. very nice job, Michael.
    When I saw this one, I first thought it is a gypsy castle you can see here in Romania.. the rich gypsy..:)

• Michael March 21, 2008 at 13:45 PM Login to Reply →

Anca, I’m also from Romania, and I know how a “gypsy castle” looks like, but as I’ve said I was impressed by that big black shiny window. Thanks anyway for passing by, and leaving a comment.

• Jennifer August 29, 2008 at 01:55 AM Login to Reply →

Wow.. how many people live in there? I’m Indonesian and I have seen a house like this in my country and one thing that i’m never forget “the bathroom made from 18c gold”.. huff..

• Codi Bradley March 6, 2009 at 08:24 AM Login to Reply →

Hello. I’m from America, and I think this home is lovely. The shiny black window gives this home a type of elegance that you don’t generally see in American homes. Thank you for sharing this great home with everyone.

• rama February 5, 2010 at 03:08 AM Login to Reply →

it’s really noce im thinking of doing somthing similar