Freshome

The Hill House

Today I’ve decided to create a new category on this blog, that is called Architecture. This is the first post, and I hop you’ve enjoy it.

The Hill House is designed by Johnston Marklee & ASSOCIATES under conditions generated by modern problems of building on the hillside. The site, an irregular shaped lot situated on an uneven downhill slope, offers panoramic views of Santa Monica Canyon. The design of the house utilizes the restriction of hillside and zoning ordinance to create a spatial and structural opportunity – adopting the zoning envelope as a building form. The dynamic form minimizes distinction between roof and wall planes while maximizing interior and exterior. – - Via – Arkinetia

hill house The Hill House

hill house2 The Hill House

hill house4 The Hill House

hill house5 The Hill House

hill house6 The Hill House

hill house7 The Hill House

Get Updates (it's free) Enter your email to get FREE blog updates

10 responses to “The Hill House” - Add yours!

1. May 7, 2007

This is amazing looking. I showed it to my architect husband and he loved it. You certainly don’t see anything like that here in Marrakesh.:-)

2. Michael said:
    May 7, 2007

I’m glad you loved this home, stay tunned maybe you’ll see soon other homes you’ll love. Who knows what I might find, and present on this blog. :)

3. Bacchus said:
    May 7, 2007

Wow, that is stunning!

4. May 7, 2007

Incredible photos, Michael. While the house does have some unusual angles, the finished product is a thing of beauty. Anything other than a modern home on this lot would have looked out of place.

5. May 13, 2007

Wow– this is so lovely! On a clear day you can see Catalina!

How do they clean the windows so the view stays crystal-clear?

- John

6. Michael said:
    May 13, 2007

They must have something in mind for that, a really smart question. :)

7. franki durbin said:
    May 14, 2007

John, you’ve really hit on something there. I’d imagine there is some scaffolding involved to clean the exterior windows. How very funny (and insightful) that you would think to ask!

8. Mohamed Bashir said:
    February 26, 2010

I like this house. Is there a way you can include some sketch of it? It look practical for a vacation home in a narrow piece of land.

9. M M said:
    August 26, 2010

I like this very much!

10. Zy said:
    March 28, 2011

nice….
    your photo and information is good.