The Hill House
Architecture

The Hill House

Advertising

Today I’ve decided to create a new category on this blog, that is called Architecture. This is the first post, and I hop you’ve enjoy it.

The Hill House is designed by Johnston Marklee & ASSOCIATES under conditions generated by modern problems of building on the hillside. The site, an irregular shaped lot situated on an uneven downhill slope, offers panoramic views of Santa Monica Canyon. The design of the house utilizes the restriction of hillside and zoning ordinance to create a spatial and structural opportunity – adopting the zoning envelope as a building form. The dynamic form minimizes distinction between roof and wall planes while maximizing interior and exterior. – - Via – Arkinetia

• hill-house.jpg
  • hill-house2.jpg
  • hill-house4.jpg
  • hill-house5.jpg
  • hill-house6.jpg
  • hill-house7.jpg

• Maryam in Marrakesh May 7, 2007 at 20:29 PM Login to Reply →

This is amazing looking. I showed it to my architect husband and he loved it. You certainly don’t see anything like that here in Marrakesh.:-)

• Michael May 7, 2007 at 20:40 PM Login to Reply →

I’m glad you loved this home, stay tunned maybe you’ll see soon other homes you’ll love. Who knows what I might find, and present on this blog. :)

• Bacchus May 7, 2007 at 21:01 PM Login to Reply →

Wow, that is stunning!

• franki durbin May 7, 2007 at 21:06 PM Login to Reply →

Incredible photos, Michael. While the house does have some unusual angles, the finished product is a thing of beauty. Anything other than a modern home on this lot would have looked out of place.

• John Trosko May 13, 2007 at 17:40 PM Login to Reply →

Wow– this is so lovely! On a clear day you can see Catalina!

How do they clean the windows so the view stays crystal-clear?

- John

• Michael May 13, 2007 at 18:22 PM Login to Reply →

They must have something in mind for that, a really smart question. :)

• franki durbin May 14, 2007 at 11:17 AM Login to Reply →

John, you’ve really hit on something there. I’d imagine there is some scaffolding involved to clean the exterior windows. How very funny (and insightful) that you would think to ask!

• Mohamed Bashir February 26, 2010 at 16:58 PM Login to Reply →

I like this house. Is there a way you can include some sketch of it? It look practical for a vacation home in a narrow piece of land.

• M M August 26, 2010 at 20:25 PM Login to Reply →

I like this very much!

• Zy March 28, 2011 at 02:11 AM Login to Reply →

nice….
    your photo and information is good.